|Whats New > Kits|
Thunder Tiger ARF 3D SpiritAre you serious about flying? Then look no further, we have the perfect 3D plane for you. Designed specifically for the 3D pilot. Only limited by the control inputs from the pilot.
Wing Span: 53 "
Wing area: 725 sq. in.
Length: 57 "
Weight: 4.5 - 5 lbs.
Engine: .40 - .46 2-Cycle
Radio: 4 Channel
Are you flying better yet, well you will once you get you're Spirited at your local field. Everyone will think your a seasoned 3D pilot as soon as it goes airborne. Outrageous maneuvers will seem effortless, constant positive control while doing 3D has never been better.
This plane is designed for 3D aerobatics and available in ARF version that only takes you a few hours in assembly. Built from precisely laser cut balsa and ply, covered in durable and easily repairable Oracover/Ultracote®. Large control surfaces that are counter balanced make 3D a breeze. The 3D Spirit will do Blenders, Waterfalls, Harriers, Elevators, Snap rolls, and more...
* State-of-the-art engineering that provide quick and easy assembly
* Pre-built one piece wing with attractive trim scheme design and covered in Oracover/UltraCote®
* Custom-built and covered by skilled craftsmen, built from top quality
balsa and plywood
* Lightweight construction, gives optimal power-to-weight ratio
* Large surface area on all control surfaces: aileron, elevator and rudder provide quick precise response
* Designed for the extreme 3D maneuvers such as Harrier, Waterfall, Blender, Torque roll, just to name a few.
* Radio Set -4 Channel radio, x5 standard servos, Receiver and battery pack, x1 "Y" style extension wire or x2 10" ext. wire, x2 20" ext. wires.
* Engine - Airplane engine 2 Cycle (.40 - .46), Glow Plug, Glow Fuel (10% - 15%), 1.5V Glow Starter, 12V Fuel Pump, 12V Battery, 12V Electric Starter, Glow Plug Wrench.
* Adhesives - 5 minute Epoxy, 20-30 minute Epoxy, Instant setting Cyanoacrylate adhesive (thin CA) or Instant setting Cyanoacrylate adhesive (medium CA)
* Tools - Hobby knife and blades, Fine-point or felt-tip pen, Phillips and flat head screw drivers, Long nose pliers, Diagonal cutting pliers, Mixing sticks for Epoxy, Drill bits (1/16, 5/64, 1/8), Paper Towels, Scissors, 1/2 masking tape, Straight building board, Reamer, File.
SKU Number: TTR4572
Flat Nylon Washer 1/4" Qty 6.250 ID x 1/2 OD x 0.06 Thk. Pack of 6.
SKU Number: RRCFWN14T
GWS Win Wind 30
Great ARF Aerobatic ship!
Few people are aware that GWS also has larger ARF Models. This particular ARF is a very nice flying sport model. It reminds me of a Sig Kavalier which was one of my very favorites. I opened one of these for myself and fly it on floats! Get a fun airplane here.
Model is reasonably light weigth making it a good one to consider for conversion to electric. My suggestions are (based on E-Calc and experience with these motors):
GWS/BLM006, 3S 3000 Lipo, 11-7 Prop, T-Bird 54 ESC
Performance @70oz, 1491 FPM rate of Climb,39.9 amps,8450 RPM,54mph pitch speed,57oz static thrust, 449 watts.
GWS/BLM007, 4S 3000 Lipo, 12-6 prop, T-Brid 54 ESC
Performance @ 74oz, 2497 FPM Climb,54.5 amps, 9,600 RPM 53mph pitch speed, 90oz static thrust, 818 watts.
Wing span 52"
Wing area 527 sq. in.
Center of Gravity 6 7/8" (rearmost) to 7.25" from trailing edge. Length 46"
Weight 67 oz.
Engine .30-.40 2 stroke.
This is an ARF-almost ready to fly- model. You need to add your radio system and engine.
Minor assembly of precovered components required to go from box to flight ready.
SKU Number: GWARF30WW